Back in 2015, my New Year’s resolution was to only wear high-quality footwear. I’ve managed to keep that resolution and believe it’s making a positive impact on my body. When Earth Runners contacted me and asked if I would review a pair of their shoes, always happy to try new things, I jumped on their website to see what they were all about.
What I discovered was outstanding reviews, what looked like quality craftsmanship and a very interesting product concept so naturally, I was intrigued.
This page probably contains affiliate links. This means I receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through a link I provide (at no extra cost to you!). This helps to keep me on the road and continue to bring awesome content to you!
The Earth Runners Concept
Earth Runners have designed a shoe which can help you tap into your primal instincts of running barefoot whilst still protecting your feet. When we wear shoes we disconnect from the earth’s healing and grounding electrical energy.
Their conductive laces, which lead to a copper plug between the toes on the sole, helps you reconnect with the earth which in theory leaves you feeling balanced and energized. This grounding technology was news to me so I was more than keen to try it out.
As they are a minimal and lightweight shoe in comparison to many other footwear options, I thought they would be perfect for my trip around North America this summer.
While selecting which range would suit me best I was pleased with the variety of choices. I used their comparison chart to find something just right. The perfect shoe would need to be suitable for water-based activities, have a solid tread for hiking, would stay on my foot while running and have a nice amount of cushioning for those extra long walks.
I chose the 9mm sandals in the Circadian Model as the hemp earth-grip footbed sounded appealing.
They are made with a Vibram Sole for ultimate grip. I chose the Silver Nylon with Khaki Trim lace colour to match the rest of my travelling wardrobe. A little unsure if I was making the right sizing decision, Lauren from the team sent me a size guide to print off to check, then I ordered with confidence.
After my request was submitted the Earth Runner team got to work constructing the shoes in their Californian factory and were soon shipped to Australia.
- The shoes are well-crafted with quality materials.
- Very quickly made by hand and shipped from the United States.
- Inside the package were clear instructions on how to adjust the straps.
- These sandals were comfortable as soon as they were first put on. There was no “wear in” period.
- The laces don’t rub and the hemp footbed feels so nice under the souls of my feet.
- When running they feel weightless which makes it easy to be light on my feet.
- The flexibility of the flat sole moves with my foot and the security of the straps is reassuring, making for a very comfortable shoe.
- There’s no slipping, chafing, blisters or squished toes.
- The only time the Earth Runners were slightly unpleasant was when I walked 6km on an asphalted road. The shoes were still comfortable but the heels of my feet and my knees felt tender from the hardness of the ground and I was left wishing the soles had more padding. There are other models with a thicker sole if this is something you would be doing a lot of.
- The woven hemp footbed can get dirty easily. To prolong the life of the shoe I wash them frequently with mild laundry detergent then let them dry well in the sun. It’s not a big deal but it’s just something to stay conscious about. There are other foot bed alternatives if this is something you would be concerned about.
In summer I wear my Earth Runners nearly every day. When they’re not on my feet, they are tucked neatly away in my backpack. They've also come in handy when hiking and camping to wear when my feet need a breather from my hiking boots.
I have a feeling these shoes are going to last a very long time and I won’t hesitate to get myself another pair when they finally do wear down.
I have now had my Earth Runners 7 months. They are still going strong and have shown very little sign of wear. I've also accidentally put them through the dryer and they were fine (though I wouldn't recommend it!)
Read more about Earth Runners concept or get yourself a pair here. Get 10% off with the code 10SARAH
If you have any questions about EarthRunners, please send me a DM on Instagram and I would love to help you out!
You may also be interested in my review of the Eco-Friendly Pang Wangle Insect Shield Infinity Scarf with Hidden Zipper Pocket!
I was provided with this product in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this article are my own and not influenced by the company.