Back in 2015, my New Year’s resolution was to only wear high-quality footwear. I’ve managed to keep that resolution and believe it’s making a positive impact on my body. When Earth Runners contacted me and asked if I would review a pair of their shoes, always happy to try new things, I jumped on their website to see what they were all about.
What I discovered was outstanding reviews, what looked like quality craftsmanship, and a very interesting product concept so naturally, I was intrigued.
Read on to see what I think about the Earth Runners Circadian Lifestyle Sandals, and make sure you find the special treat I have for you at the bottom of this page! P.s. It's an Earth Runners discount code! You'll also find my 12-month update at the bottom of the page where you'll find out - are Earth Runners worth it?! *Updated July 28th, 2020.
This page contains affiliate links. This means I receive a small commission if you choose to purchase through a link I provide (at no extra cost to you). This helps me continue to bring awesome free content to you!
The Earth Runners Concept
Earth Runners have designed a shoe that can help you tap into your primal instincts of running barefoot whilst still protecting your feet. When we wear shoes we disconnect from the earth’s healing and grounding electrical energy.
Their conductive laces, which lead to a copper plug between the toes on the sole, helps you reconnect with the earth which in theory leaves you feeling balanced and energized. This grounding technology was news to me so I was more than keen to try it out.
As they are a minimal and lightweight shoe in comparison to many other footwear options, I thought they would be perfect for my trip around North America this summer.
Earth Runners Sizing and Ordering
While selecting which range would suit me best I was pleased with the variety of choices. I used their comparison chart to find something just right. The perfect shoe would need to be suitable for water-based activities, have a solid tread for hiking, would stay on my foot while running, and have a nice amount of cushioning for those extra-long walks.
I chose the 9mm thick Circadian Adventure Sandal with Performance Laces - a mixture of everything I needed!
Earth Runners are made with a Vibram sole for ultimate grip. I chose the Silver Nylon with Khaki Trim lace color to match the rest of my traveling wardrobe. Unfamiliar with the Earth Runners sizing, Lauren from the team sent me a size guide to print off to check, then I ordered with confidence.
After my order was placed the Earth Runner team got to work constructing the shoes in their Californian factory and were soon shipped to Australia. I received my circadian sandals in 3 weeks!
Tip: Order before Monday midday Californian time to get in that week's production run!
- The shoes are well-crafted with quality materials.
- Very quickly made by hand and shipped from the United States.
- Inside the package were clear instructions on how to adjust the straps.
- These sandals were comfortable as soon as they were first put on. There was no “wear in” period.
- The laces don’t rub and the natural footbed feels so nice under the souls of my feet.
- When running they feel weightless which makes it easy to be light on my feet.
- The flexibility of the flat sole moves with my foot and the security of the straps is reassuring, making for a very comfortable shoe.
- There’s no slipping, chafing, blisters or squished toes.
- It's truly the next best thing to being barefoot.
- Suitable for adventures or everyday use.
- The only time the Earth Runners were slightly unpleasant was when I walked 6km / 3.7 miles on an asphalted road shortly after receiving them. The shoes were still comfortable but the heels of my feet and my knees felt tender from the hardness of the ground and I was left wishing the soles had more padding. If you do a lot of walking of a hard surface, the Alpha Earth Runner sandals with the thickest cushioned sole and cotton footbed would be best for you.
- Edit: After owning these for a year, I have now walked 20km / 12.5 miles in one day in my Circadian Sandals on asphalt. My feet and knees were a little sore at the end of the day, but nothing to complain about.
In summer I wear my Earth Runners nearly every day. When they’re not on my feet, they are tucked neatly away in my backpack. They've also come in handy when hiking and camping to wear when my feet need a breather from my hiking boots.
I have a feeling these shoes are going to last a very long time and I won’t hesitate to get myself another pair when they finally do wear down.
12 Month Update:
I have now hiked trails in over 10 North American states wearing my Circadian Adventure Sandals. They've been washed in a washing machine multiple times - they're not meant to be cleaned this way, but the footbed always feels so fresh afterward! (Don't put them in the dryer!!)
The sole under the ball of each foot is slightly worn, but I wear them nearly every day in warm weather, and this hasn't affected the grip or comfort of the shoes. The laces and buckle are holding up strong! I am now also the proud owner of a pair of Alpha Adventure Sandals which I wear when I'm exploring cities.
Are Earth Runners worth it? 100% yes!
I was provided with this product in return for my honest review. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this article are my own and not influenced by the company.